Adventures in the Middle East

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This past weekend I went to Bahrain as a break from Doha, to visit some friends, and of course, to take the opportunity to eat some bacon. Strange how small the world can be sometimes. I had been introduced by email to someone but had not made contact with her and she happened to be in the internship program that my friend had organized. There are 4 people from the U of A in the program, so there we were, 6 Wildcats in the desert.
This picture is at an old fort in Bahrain. As you can see, the whole conservative dress thing has kind of gone out the window with the arrival of summer. Sandals, shorts and a Borat "High Five!" shirt, not exactly low profile. The outfit was fine for walking around outside; it was not until I was in the First Class lounge (Qatar Airways frequent flyer yeah!) at the airport that I realized it was possibly not the most appropriate thing to be wearing. Oh well, I was on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home