Adventures in the Middle East

Saturday, March 10, 2007

So a quick update of what has been going on here in Doha recently, it has been a couple weekends of world-class sports. The first event was the Qatar Open women’s tennis tournament. We had so extra company seats so I got to go to the final match and sit 10 rows back from the court. A couple of the big names that were there were Martina Hingis and Justine Henin. I had a lot of good photos, here are a couple of the best.

This weekend was MotoGP. Again, extra company tickets. On the qualifying day, I got to go to the control tower to watch the races, I was on the 4th floor, the Royal Family was on the 5th, not bad. The next day I had VIP suite passes that were also pretty good. One of the best perks was that I go to go on a ride along on the service road during the race. This is the track that runs just outside the walls of the track and is the one that the ambulances and official cars use, it made for an excellent photo vantage point. The bikes were amazing, on the finishing straight they were getting up to 190MPH and in the turns the drivers would lean the bike over more than 60 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home