Adventures in the Middle East

Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's been a little while since the last post. April and May have both really flown by. I Went back to the US in the first part of May and fit in just about as much as possible in the 10 days. I made it to Dallas, Dyersburg, Nashville, Houston for work, Tucson, and Phoenix, and got to see friends and family in each place. It was so great to see everyone, only wish I could have made it longer.
The real adventure started on the way back to Doha however. After being out to 2:30 am on Saturday night, I left my parents house at 5am Sunday Morning to catch a flight to Houston. From Houston it was on to Dallas where, unfortunately it was lightning which caused my flight to London to get delayed 3 hours. When I landed on London on Monday morning I had to sprint from the Gatwick North terminal to the South terminal. Despite my best efforts I missed the flight.
The next flight from London to Doha was, unfortunately, out of Heathrow, not Gatwick. So I had to go through Immigration and customs, switch terminals again, claim my bags, get a bus to Heathrow, and then check in again. The delay was going to mean that instead of getting in in the evening I was going to get home at midnight. Unfortunately, the plane that I was going to take had mechanical problems which meant another 6 hours of delay. By the time I finally got back to Doha it was 7 am on Tuesday morning. My luggage however would take another day to find its way home. All told it was a 41 hour trip. And after 2 nights sleeping on planes, I got to shower and head into work afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home